One of the first things I did upon waking up was …. check the status of my smile! YES…! It was symmetrical!… I could do it with ease!!
~ and ALL was well with the world! I have not stop smiling since!
Well…. there is nothing that inspires a smile more than knowing someone cares and is thinking about you…
Yesterday… I received a call from a sweet co-worker …she wanted to tell me she was going to give a “little something” to my daughter to bring home to me. I was so blessed by her….number one…. to take the time to call (we got to engage in a sweet conversation) …and number two… I was so blessed… as you can see in the picture…. to open this “little something”. I am telling you….. needed sunglasses as I opened this “thoughtfilled” package.
This inspires me!…. SO, I had to use the outlet of this blog to maybe inspire you!~
SUNSHINE inspires SUNSHINE!!
I know the heart and motivation of this sweet teacher and it is as pure gold! She teaches at both campuses and she just radiates the love of Christ.
So may I say…. SONshine inspires SONshine!~
WHATEVER the “GIFT” is that one chooses to give….is up to the giver…It does not have to cost money…..It could be in a “text”…a note…a pat on the back….a word of encouragement….a candy bar….a little package….
The gift …proclaims….”I care about you.”
Here are some ideas:
I am just passing these on because they were given to me……
1. One of my sweet co-workers had all the teachers write 40 cards of get well….she put them all in a beautiful box with a journal! I LOVE to open them and see the handwritten words that add LIFE…and healing into my days! She even set it up to have teachers get reminders through the computer to pray for me during my time off!
2. A sweet student and mom wrapped a bin of sweet little “Happy-ies” …. for me to open as I made my way through the days of recovery! It was complete with a pink glow – in the dark princess wand! You know I loved that!
3. I have cherished the gift of “TIME”….and time is precious. Whether it takes the form of a phone call or a visit…. I have cherished it! We live “out” away from anything really close….there is something so special about “couch” time with friends!
4. I have not heard of “Take Them a Meal” web site until it was used for us. My family has been SO blessed through this ministry. My dad has been here since Dec. 13th and it has been such a blessing to not have to worry about the family and meals!
When one family~ from school~ was about to walk out the door.. after delivering their sweet gift of “yummy love”… the mom suggested we hold hands and pray! Oh…the celebration! ~What a testimony to her young son!…THAT was a gift in a gift!
5. I have received sweet “get well” cards in my mailbox…. and I especially love the handmade cards from students… 😉 YES! There is a TON of smilage in GLITTER! I could bathe in it!…
6. If the Lord lays something on your heart for someone…go with it! ~ I will never forget the day in the hospital that I spilled Ginger Ale all over the comfy blanket that I brought. I was bummed…. It was only seconds later that a sweet couple came to visit and had a “gift” in their hand. Would you believe it was a plush …soft …beautiful blanket? OH… the JOY! ~ they, too gave the gift of time ! I was so happy to go for a walk down the hall with my sweet friend…arm in arm…. and to my sweet surprise…they brought their children…(5th and 9th grade) It meant so much! ~ I was hooked up to wires..my head in a big wrap….I did not care…. I celebrated LIFE!
7. I also received…. VERSES on index cards! Students from 3 -5 th grade wrote various verses on index cards and put them all on a ring. I LOVED looking over them and being ministered to by the verses that they picked!
I am sure there have been other ways … I will probably edit this a number of times…but, I hope this encourages someone to “reach” out and add some “SMILE-AGE” to someone’s day. I am so grateful and FULL of thanksgiving to the people who have reached out and made this journey for me easier…just KNOWING YOU CARE! Thank you!
LOVE+CARE=LIFE LIFE= GROWTH GROWTH= HEALTH ~ Do you see the word “heal” in health?
It is amazing how this works…If I EVER feel like I am headed into “funky-town”… all I need to do …is remember all the SON-SHINE and LOOK for others to spread it to! ~ Remember…the heart of the GIFT is knowing someone truly cares!